Install remote AY Track server on Linux
To install AY Track on Linux do the following:
1. Make sure your Linux box meets the requirements.
AY Track will only work on i386 architecture and
requires Pentium(R) or compatible processor. We recommend
Kernel version 2.2 or later.
2. Obtain aymails.tar.gz file for Linux.
3. Log in as root. You will need root privileges to
install AY Track.
4. If using X-Windows, open a terminal window.
AY Track installer must be run in Terminal.
5. Unpack the file with the following command
tar -zxvf aymails.tar.gz
This will create the aymails directory containing
two files - install and README
6. Change the current directory to aymails
7. Read the README file as it may contain important
8. Run the installer
9. Follow on-screen instructions. During the installation,
you will be prompted to enter user name and password. You will
need these when connecting to AY Track from AY Mail.
10. Once the installer finishes, it will display the location
where it installed AY Track. Try running AY Track. Once you run
it, you should be able to see it running in the background using
If it doesn't run, the port 50000 may be in use. You may
need to change it. See AY Mail Help from AY Mail main menu.
11. Make changes to your startup scripts (usually located
at /etc/rc.d) to make sure AY Track gets started when your
system reboots. Consult documentation on your Linux distribution
on how to do that properly. AY Track must be run as root.
Once AY Track is installed, you can connect to it through
AY Mail. In AY Mail 2, select Settings->AY Track from
the main menu, then click on the Location button and
enter the location of AY Track.
By default, AY Track uses port 50000 to communicate with
AY Mail. If you need to change the port, you can find the
instructions in the AY Mail Help.
AY Track uses a number of directories to store the data.
If you need to change the location of these directories you
can find the instructions in the AY Mail Help.
On a multihomed server, you can restrict AY Track activity
to a single IP address, to make it coexist with software such
as Web or mail servers or to install several
Virtual AY Track servers on the same computer. You can
find the intructions on restricting AY Track IP address
in the AY Mail Help.
All other settings may only be changed through AY Mail.
Select Settings->AY Track to open
AY Track Control Panel.