Migration from AY Mail 1
AY Mail 2. Any Edition
No special skills required.
AY Mail 2 can coexist with AY Mail 1 on the same
computer. Do not uninstall AY Mail 1 until you
have AY Mail 2 up and running!
AY Mail 2 provides an easy way to import your AY Mail
1 data. AY Mail 1 stored information in three pieces:
Project Files (.AYP) stored all the information about the project. They also stored the names of the files containing message and recipients, but not the message or recipient list itself.
Message Files (.AYM) stored the message texts.
Recipients Files (.AYR) stored the lists of recipients
in a text format.
AY Mail 2 lets you import the whole projects or
assorted Message or Recipients Files.
The best way to migrate from AY Mail 1 to AY Mail 2
is to import whole projects. If you are importing whole
projects, AY Mail 2 will try to preserve as many
features as it can.
To import AY Mail 1 Project:
1. Select File->Import->AY Mail 1 Project from the
main menu. The File Selection dialog will appear.
2. Select the .AYP file in AY Mail 1 directory,
and click on the Open button.
AY Mail will create a new project that replicates the
AY Mail 1 project as closely as possible.
If you want to import only a list of recipients:
1. Select File->Import->Recipients List from the
main menu. The Import dialog will appear.
2. Select the mode that you want to use for Import
and click on the OK button. The Import Source dialog
3. Select AY Mail 1 Recipients List and click on
the OK button. The File Selection dialog will appear.
4. Navigate to the file that you want to import and
click on the Open button.
5. You may be asked to match imported fields using
the Match Fields dialog.
To import only a message text:
1. Select File->Import->Message Text from the main
menu. The File Selection dialog will appear.
2. Select the message file, and click on the Open