Import from address books
Most mail clients let you organize your contacts into address books. AY Mail can import addresses from address books of most popular mail clients. For the list of supported mail clients click here.
If your mail client is not supported, see if it uses Windows Address Book, in which case you can simply use Windows/Outlook Express book import.
To import recipients from an address book:
1. Select File->Import->Recipients List from the main menu. The Import dialog will appear.
2. Select the mode that you want to use for Import and click on the OK button. The Import Source dialog will appear.
3. Select the mail software that you are using and click on the OK button. If you do not know your software, try to look at the title on top of the window that you use to receive email. It is most probably Microsoft Outlook Express. Note, Outlook and Outlook Express may have similar names, but they are totally different.
Be careful to select import from address books, because there are separate importers for folders and mailboxes, which are different. See Import from mail folders.
4. AY Mail will search for the address books that you have selected. It will either find address books or not.
If AY Mail finds your software you will see the list of all the address books on the screen. Select the address book you need, and then click on the OK button.
If AY Mail does not find your software, you will have to manually navigate to the location where your software stores the address book.
5. You may be asked to match imported fields using the Match Fields dialog .