Import from mail folders
Most mail clients let you organize your mail storage as a hierarchy of folders (frequently called mailboxes). You may store all the messages related to some particular theme in a particular folder. If you want to send a message to all the people whose emails are collected in this folder, you can easily do this by importing their addresses. AY Mail can import addresses from folders of most popular mail clients. For the list of supported mail clients click here.
If your software is not listed, chances are that general Unix Style Mailbox importer may work for you.
To import recipients from mail folders:
1. Select File->Import->Recipients List from the main menu. The Import dialog will appear.
2. Select the mode that you want to use for Import and click on the OK button. The Import Source dialog will appear.
3. Select the mail software that you are using and click on the OK button. If you do not know your software, try to look at the title on top of the window that you use to receive email. It is most probably Microsoft Outlook Express. Note, Outlook and Outlook Express may have similar names, but they are totally different. If you do not see your mail client listed, chances are that Unix Style Mailboxes will work for you because many mail clients use this format.
Be careful to select import from Folders or Mailboxes, because there are separate importers for Address Books, which are different. See Import from address books.
4. AY Mail will search for the mail storage of the software that you have selected. It will either find it or not.
If AY Mail finds your software you will see the list of your folders (mailboxes) on the screen. Select the folder you need, select if you want senders or recipients, select if you want subfolders to be imported as well, and then click on the OK button.
If AY Mail does not find your software, you will have to manually navigate to the location where your software stores your mail.
5. You may be asked to match imported fields using the Match Fields dialog .