How to obtain a certificate from certification authority
[Corporate Edition Only] Use these instructions if you want to obtain a new certificate for your server.
1. Find a certification authority that provides SSL certificates such as VeriSign or Thawte. Make yourself familiar with their conditions, rules, and fees.
2. Select Settings->AY Track from the main menu to open AY Track Control Panel.
3. On the right hand site, click on the button for the service that requires the certificate, such as HTTP or POP3. The settings dialog for the corresponding service will open.
4. Make sure that the checkbox for the SSL service is checked.
5. Click on the Edit Certificates buttons. The Certificates dialog will appear.
6. Click on the New Key button. The Generate New Private Key dialog will appear
7. Type-in the name for the key. This is only necessary to distinguish the key from others.
8. Unless otherwise instructed by the certification authority select 1024-bit RSA algorithm.
9. Click on the OK button. The key generation may take a while. Once it's done, you'll see the new key in the list.
10. Select the newly generated key and click on the New CSR button. The Certificate Subject Name dialog will appear.
11. Enter the Common Name (CN). This must be exact domain name of the AY Server. If it's not, the certificate will not work.
12. Enter the rest of the information. Follow instructions from your certificate authority.
13. Click on the OK button. The href="h0166.htm">Certificate Request is Ready dialog will appear.
14. Copy the certificate request or save it as a file. You will need it to pass to your certification authority.
15. Click on the OK button on the Certificates dialog and make sure you agree to save changes. If you don't save changes, the key will be lost and the certificate will be useless.
16. Contact your certification authority and apply for the certificate according to their procedures. You will need to pass them the certificate request that you have just generated.
17. Once you receive your certificate save it as a *.cer or *.crt file. You will need to import the certificate into AY Track.
18. Select Settings->AY Track from the main menu to open AY Track Control Panel.
19. On the right hand site, click on the button for the service that requires the certificate, such as HTTP or POP3. The settings dialog for the corresponding service will open.
20. Make sure that the checkbox for the SSL service is checked.
21. Click on the Edit Certificates buttons. The Certificates dialog will appear.
22. Click on the Import button. The file selection dialog will appear.
23. In the Files of type listbox select Certificates.
24. Navigate to the certificate that you have saved and open it. You should see the certificate added to the list and attached to the private key. If the certificate doesn't attach to the private key, there's a problem with the certificate.
25. Click on the Close button, and when asked agree to save the changes.
26. Select the newly installed certificate in the Server Certificate drop-down box.
27. Click on the OK on the service settings dialog.
28. Click on the Status button to make sure the service is running Ok.