Detect clicks through
[Professional and Corporate Editions Only]
To detect clicks through you need to do the following:
1. If you have not done this before, you need to set up AY Track by clicking Settings->AY Track Setup Wizard from AY Mail main menu.
2. You must insert a link into your message.
For the HTML message:
Click on the Hyperlink button on the WYSIWYG tab. The Hyperlink dialog will appear. Select http://, and type in the URL.
Select the Track clicks through this hyperlink checkbox.
For the text message:
You must use the Track macro to let AY Track know that you are interested in the clicks on the link. For example, if the URL is http://www.yourwebsite.com, you may use the following link in the body of your message:
3. After you send your message, you should check your mail from time to time. This will cause AY Track to download all the emails, and process the information on clicks. AY Track will save the information on clicks until you download it.
4. Every time you open the project that you have used to send the message, or when you try to access click information from the reports, AY Mail will download the records collected by AY Track. You can also click on the Advanced tab and then select Advanced->Check For Bounces/Notifications to download this information manually.
5. Do not delete the report created after you send the message. If you do, click records will become unavailable. AY Track will still collect them, but AY Mail will not download records from AY Track if there is no corresponding report.
6. Select Reports->Clicks from the main menu to see how the links were clicked.
7. Select Reports->Recipients to see which of your recipients clicked on which links. You can export this information into a CSV file. You can use the clicks to precisely target your follow-up messages.
The same mechanism can be used for tracking message openings.